- Please take a bathe and or freshen up before your any wax treatment
- Don’t take Ibuprofen, aspirin or any other blood thinner before waxing, you are more at risk for bruising
- Do tell your esthetician if you are using a Retin-A, Tretinoin, Retinol, Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide on your face or body
- Don’t get wax on your face or body close to a big event
- Do tell your esthetician if you have high levels of sugar
- If you have been shaving, allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks. Waxing requires some regrowth in order to be effective, as the wax needs at least a quarter inch (2-5 mm) of stubble to adhere to
- Do not apply any topical creams before your appointment
- Schedule your wax 3-4 days before beach and poolside jaunts if you plan to sun bathe
- No tanning beds, hot tubs and saunas before your appointment
- Exfoliating the area gently 24 hours before your appointment will remove the dead skin cells
- Keep Calm, you can to request a complimentary application of numbing cream before your Brazilian
- Wear loose comfortable and clean clothing to prevent irritation after waxing
- Don’t drink because alcohol tightens pores
Avoid the following:
For 48 hours
- Fake tan
- Steam room
- Hot baths & showers
- Applying deodorant or anything perfumed
- Massages/heat treatments
- Swimming in public pools
- Sun beds and sunbathing
- Tight clothing that will irritate the area waxed
- Exercise that causes sweating and a rise in body temperature
After facial waxing don’t apply make-up other than mineral for the remainder of the day.
Waxing removes dead skin so the skin may be slightly lighter after waxing but will return to normal within a few hours.
A heat reaction may be visible for several hours after and is quite normal, varying from person to person. In the unlikely event this persists beyond 24 hours it could indicate an allergic reaction to the wax and if it worsens then it is advisable to check with a pharmacist, GP or practice nurse.
Exfoliate gently when you take a bathe with cool water. Begin 24 hours after your treatment to help you maintain your wax and eliminate ingrown hairs. Apply natural oil (argan, coconut, sweet almond etc.) to your skin with clean wash cloth using circular motions.
Take proper care of your skin following a wax treatment. If your skin is sensitive, waxing may result in minor breakouts or rashes. For avoid bacteria residing on the skin you can use benzoyl peroxide to help kill bacteria and an anti-bacterial wash with salicylic in it to help with the “post wax bumps.” Like SALICYLIC FACE AND BODY WASH - 6 FL. OZ., Gigi No Bump Solution 4 FL. OZ. or Tendskin 2.5 FL. OZ.
Rest assured - We uphold the highest level of sanitation. We wear medical grade nitrile gloves during every waxing service and all tools are triple cleaned and sterilized and we enforce a strict “no double dipping” policy, meaning that we never dip the same applicator in the vat of wax once it has been used.
If you have any question please contact us.
Call now or visit us to schedule your appointment.